know your neighbors
Do you know your neighbors?
Regardless of the type of emergency you may face or where you live, it’s important to know your neighbors.
- Emergency response teams may be delayed
- Your neighbors may be the first ones who can help
- They know where you live and will have a better idea of what you might need
So meet your neighbors today!
Being prepared for an emergency begins with “hello”.
- Introduce yourself and let them know you live nearby
- Tell them you’re making a plan in the event of a emergency and want to share your information
- Exchange contact information such as a phone number or email
- See example contact list