Important steps to take immediately after an emergency occurs.
Emergencies create confusion and stress. That’s why it’s important to have a plan and practice it before an emergency happens. The following steps will help you and your household members respond quickly.
- 1. Check on members of your household, family, and neighbors
- 2. If there is glass and fallen debris, protect your head, hands
- 3. If necessary, shut off gas and water lines
- 4. Check electrical circuit breakers
- 5. Place a paper on your front door that says “Help” to let your neighbors know if you need help
- 6. If necessary go to your family/neighborhood evacuation site
- 7. Stay informed